Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspired by a Odd Girl!

Hey! This week we have a wonderful challenge for you from Some Odd Girl! I would just go ahead and tell you but that would take all the fun out of it. So I am going to let you guess. Here are a few hints: Odd Girls, Inspired, DT Members, FANTASTIC! 

Got it yet?
 Well, I think you got it, but if you don't, I will go ahead and let you know....

The challenge is....


Doesn't that sound fun! I had so much fun with this challenge! So many different styles to choose from, and you get to choose which style you want to use for your card and just let the inspiration take over! 

My inspiration came from no other than.....

The reason why I chose her gorgeous cards is because I just love the colors and the way she colors on her cards! Most of the images/stamps on her card are colored with Distress Inks to make it look like it is a black and white photo. Also, I saw that she sometimes using recycled things on her cards. I instantly knew that I just HAD to use her as my inspiration. And here is one of her fabulous cards that inspired me:


Isn't this card just amazing! Her cards just make you drool! My breath was taken by this and I knew I just had to do something a little like this. I added some of my own twist to make it original and this is what I came up with:


Of course, my card could never be as beautiful as Kellie's cards. But this is my version of one of her cards.

The image is a gorgeous Some Odd Girl and is colored with Copics, and I cut it out and put it with Basic Grey paper and a glimmer misted paper bag I cut out into a really bad circle and added a circle of bling! Finally, I added some Buttons Galore buttons with some SU! String, and a glimmer misted flower. 

Make sure to check out the rest of the DT's cards to see who inspired them:

No comments:

Post a Comment